Portrait Sketch

I have for some time now, had the desire to do portrait work. Lately I have had so many projects going at once that it has been difficult to pursue this, however, I recently ran across this book published by LIFE magazine called "LEGENDS - The Century's Most Unforgettable Faces". It has the greatest black and white photos of famous people ( sadly, a lot of which I don't even know ) and makes for a great study reference for portrait sketching. 
Here is a face that really captured and inspired me to draw it - anyone care to venture a guess on who this is?...

Comments

Anonymous said…
MARIA CALLAS, OF COURSE!
Check out my blog! http://expresioneria.tumblr.com/

Popular posts from this blog

New Mandala Paintings...

Butterfly Dreamtime

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish