"Joy" - 20" x 20" mandala painting






 "Joy"
20" x 20" acrylic on canvas
includes custom frame


This painting has a lot of meaning for me.
A year and half ago, my brother was in a bad car accident - it was serious and he is lucky to be alive. He suffered TBI (traumatic brain injury) and was in ICU for 2 weeks and rehab for 2 more. We remained with him the entire time and we had an amazing outpouring of energy from friends and family that I believe really floated us through the experience.  Today he is miraculously fine - the changes in his personality were minor, considering all the horror stories the doctors told us, and his fractured neck healed with no problems.
At the time this accident happened, I had just started this painting and it took me many months to find the energy to return to it but when I did, a lot of my feelings of joy and being so blessed that this life changing experience had a happy ending. The experience really opened my eyes and heart and this inevitably influenced the painting. I felt that " Joy" was an appropriate title to give it. 
It feels odd, in a way, to even try to put a monetary value on this. Selling my art and being an artist is, however, what I enjoy doing and it is just one of the many challenges of following this "path with art".  So it is for sale...in my Etsy shop for $300.00.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly Dreamtime

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish