Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Leather Anniversary - An Art Exhibit in Bisbee!

"Velvet and Leather"
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas

    Happening right now at Heather Green Studios is an art exhibit celebrating 3 years in Bisbee, Az., which I am currently participating in. This years theme is Leather, the 3rd traditional anniversary gift.
    So, (I asked myself) "What do I do with THAT theme!?" I almost didn't have an entry for the exhibition after some time with no inspiration, BUT, one day, as I was puttin' on my boots, it occured to me that they were leather... aha! An inspiration at last! I don't have a lot of experience with still life painting, and more specifically, painting boots. I love a challenge though:) I not only decided to take on painting a still life of my leather boots, but I decided to use only two colors + white. I chose the complimentary colors of purple and yellow. In the end, I was pleased with the results. My background ended up having the look of velvet, which was not my intention, but I'll take it! I decided that would make a good title - velvet and leather.
    This painting, along with many others can be seen and are available for purchase until December 14, 2013 at Heather Green Studios. Please contact me at or Heather at the above link for more information.
At the art reception in November

No comments: