Leather Anniversary - An Art Exhibit in Bisbee!

"Velvet and Leather"
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas

    Happening right now at Heather Green Studios is an art exhibit celebrating 3 years in Bisbee, Az., which I am currently participating in. This years theme is Leather, the 3rd traditional anniversary gift.
    So, (I asked myself) "What do I do with THAT theme!?" I almost didn't have an entry for the exhibition after some time with no inspiration, BUT, one day, as I was puttin' on my boots, it occured to me that they were leather... aha! An inspiration at last! I don't have a lot of experience with still life painting, and more specifically, painting boots. I love a challenge though:) I not only decided to take on painting a still life of my leather boots, but I decided to use only two colors + white. I chose the complimentary colors of purple and yellow. In the end, I was pleased with the results. My background ended up having the look of velvet, which was not my intention, but I'll take it! I decided that would make a good title - velvet and leather.
    This painting, along with many others can be seen and are available for purchase until December 14, 2013 at Heather Green Studios. Please contact me at kaiathomas@gmail.com or Heather at the above link for more information.
At the art reception in November

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish

New Mandala Paintings...

Camping at Mt. Graham