A Day of Beginnings and Transitions

Giving a value study demo for the class (photo courtesy of Clement Scott)

So, not only was the day of March 20th the first day of Spring, the new moon, AND a solar eclipse, it was also my first day of teaching a class and giving a demo! Of course it was a very nervous day for me, and I'm pretty sure I drove my family and close friends a little nuts with all that nervousness, but it was also a very exciting day that ended up being such a great experience. For one thing, I learned that I actually enjoy teaching, and even more so, giving a demo!

A progression of my black and white value study (photo courtesy of Louise Walden)

This class was part of the Art 130 course at the Cochise College in Benson, Arizona, taught by friend and fellow artist Clement Scott. He had invited me to be guest instructor for the introductory day of landscape painting. I am very grateful for the opportunity and so happy I was talked into it! The students were great too! There is something about being around that eager excitement to learn that is so inspiring. That I can share techniques and advice, and help them to better their painting experience in some way, was such a good feeling!
So I guess that March 20th was a day of beginnings and transitions, not only in the case of an Equinox or celestial event, but also in the facing of challenges, learning, and the continuation of placing one foot in front of the other down this path with art.  :)
Follow your heart! Do what you love!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Laozi

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly Dreamtime

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish