Early Morning

"Early Morning" 6" x 12" oil on canvas panel
 
 
 I got back to work on the horse series yesterday, and I have to say I got a little excited about this one. Everything seemed to just fall into place as I painted, which believe me, is not a common occurrence! 
 
The Block-in
 
This is another scene taken from my adventures in New MexicoI think I may have years worth of reference photos from my time spent there:) No complaints about that!

Beginning to add color
 
 
 I took the reference photo during the early morning. The air was crisp and heavy with dew. You could even see it glistening on the barb wire fence. The light was amazing, with lots of inspirational interplays happening to spark the creative spirit. I'm glad to finally come around to painting this moment...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly Dreamtime

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish