"Playground of the Ancients"

" Playground of the Ancients"
24" x 30" o/c

    My latest project has been painting a rock landscape series. This painting is the first in the series.

This series is being done from field studies and photo reference taken over the last few years. This place is one of my all time favorite spots to hike and hang out in. It is part of the Chiricahua mountain range located here in Southeastern Arizona and only a short distance from where I live. I have been visiting this magical spot for over two decades (okay, that just made me feel old - lol).
 Here are some photos I took during the painting's progression - enjoy!

 Underpainting....


 Adding darkest darks and lightest lights...


 See the small original field study?...


 Boulders are nearly complete...


The pose...lol...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly Dreamtime

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish