Two New Mandalas and an Update...





I realize it has been way too long since my last post. Life has gone and got crazy busy again...busy is getting to be a more frequent occurrence these days and time is beginning to be a precious commodity...

I recently completed two mandalas - "Renewel" is an 8" x 10" acrylic painting (shown above) and "Vibrancy" is a miniature 2.5" x 3.5" ACEO acrylic painting (see below) and both are available for purchase in my Etsy shop
These were painted in a different way then I usually do. I disciplined myself to only two colors (minus the black) and after laying out the mandala drawing, what I would normally do is find particular patterns that I wished to emphasize with certain colors and sometimes painting over lines in the process. With these mandalas, I tried something different, where I kept every line and painting with the rule - no one color could touch itself...so it was like - purple, green, purple, green, that sort of thing. I found this way of painting being an even more meditative process than my usual way, I really would loose myself during these paintings. The paintings themselves seemed a lot more intricate as well. Or perhaps a different kind of intricate:) 
I hope that made sense...it was kinda hard figuring out how to explain that process in words!


So, next on the agenda is a plein air painting workshop with Chris Morel the third week of this month. I am VERY excited about this. Chris is actually a good friend and a very talented soul! Looking forward to sharing the adventure with you all :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly Dreamtime

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish