The Year of the Rabbit - 2011






I remember a few years back someone asking me what my Chinese Zodiac sign was. I had no clue. I could remember those silly place mats at the Chinese restaurant with all the zodiac animals on it but I never paid any attention to it. However, after being asked this, I did eventually google it one night and to my surprise, found a fascinating world to explore. I learned I was a Rat - the first sign of the zodiac and I discovered, after looking up different friends and family members, that it was amazingly accurate! Wikipedia's chart has some good basic info on your sign, if you want to find out for yourself.



So, this Chinese New Year, which begins February 3rd, is the year of the metal Rabbit.
I have read a lot on the forecast of this upcoming year. It appears that traditionally, the Year of the Rabbit is known to be a calm period, a time for home and family, creative pursuits, creature comforts, that sort of thing. The Rabbit is the luckiest of the signs, so it is expected to be a year filled with "things going your way". I don't know about you but I really like the sound of all that. Last year seemed to be the year of "everything is broken".  
I will conclude this post by saying Happy New Year everyone! And may it be filled with plenty of peace, joy, creativity and "things going your way"! 
I have painted two little rabbit ACEOs, in honor of the new year shown here in the post. You can find them in my Etsy shop.

Comments

Unknown said…
nice. this is my year. i can't remember my element, but a bunny i am :)
Kaia Thomas said…
Yay! My brother's too!

Popular posts from this blog

New Mandala Paintings...

Pueblo pottery style gourd - from start to finish

Butterfly Dreamtime